Wednesday, March 18, 2009

R.I.P. Poor Gracie

My kitchen has become a crime scene. It's a sad sight - not for the weak of heart. I awoke this morning to the shrieks of horror from my children. When I ran into the kitchen to see what they were screaming about, I saw the body. (Please do not read this post if crime scene pics bother you.)

Gracie - DOA - 0700 hours - 18 March 09.
Cause of Death: Unknown.




Her body was zipped up into a potato sack after the CSI's left and she was carted away before breakfast. The chalk outline will fade, but her memory will live on.

What does this say about my sweet potato husbandry skills? I started out with George and Gracie and now Gracie is snuffed out without providing me with one lousy stinking slip?

I knew things with Gracie weren't well when her water started to cloud several days ago and something resembling a tear trickled down her side.


I thought that I might have her in the water upside down since I really can't tell her arse from her head so I flipped her over in the hopes that it would revive her spirit.

It did not.

Sweet dreams, sweet potato. You will be missed.

George, on the other hand, is doing great. He even has a couple of little shoots protruding from his head. So we'll keep a stiff upper lip and focus our attention on our little widower with the hopes that he'll come through with some slips in the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, that's funny! Hmm.....Gracie must've had a drinking problem we didn't know about. Ha! Oh well, at least the other one is doing good. It'll supply you with all the shoots you'll need. I'll start mine in 2 weeks! Woo Hoo!

EG

Sinfonian said...

My condolences! hehe. Very funny. Love what you did with it. Thanks!

Hope George provides all the little George and Gracies you need!

Daphne Gould said...

That was very funny. I hope Gracie rests in peace and George can get over her and live on.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin