Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wildlife Weekend :: Who you callin' chicken?

I don't know how it happened, but it seems like overnight our big German Shepherd is afraid of everything. He just seems so hen-pecked these days and we can't put our finger on what's different about him. Maybe this means he'll be nicer to the hens, but we don't want to count our chickens before they've hatched.

I mean he's always been a bit of a bird brain, but now he's getting his feathers ruffled over every little thing. The other day there was a thunderstorm and he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off! Could this be a sign of our dog becoming friendlier? Possibly, but we don't want to put all our eggs in one basket.

I guess he's turned into...


...a real chicken!




Okay, not really, but I amuse myself sometimes. I suppose it's my way of compensating for my lack of wildlife sightings this week, which means I'm plum out of ideas for today's wildlife weekend photo op. This'll have to do.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Kate, that's downright creepy, lol!!

Lo said...

funny!

Ribbit said...

HA! During thunderstorms our malamute would always do his chicken little routine and try to convince us the sky was falling. When we had children, he'd get in their faces and say, "Look, these people just don't get it. You've got to help me make them understand!"

Stefaneener said...

You clearly have Photoshop skills!!

Darla said...

That funny!

donna said...

Just what I needed. You made me smile while drinking my morning coffee. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Didn't I read that this washed up on a New York shoreline somewhere?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_Monster

Blog Widget by LinkWithin