Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gah! What is this bug?

The boys and I were out in the garden this morning inspecting the plants and taking photos when Jace screamed and yelled "BUG!" He pointed to this little beastie crawling up the garden fence. Then we found two more of them. I thought it might be a cucumber beetle, but it doesn't look like the cucumber beetles in my Organic Gardening Book (see it listed off there to the right on my Amazon list). It can't be good to have these in the garden. It realize it looks huge in the photo, but it's about the length of a fingernail.

So I'm stumped. I admit to being a bit girly when it comes to bugs. Just looking through the pages of creepy-crawlies in the book makes me itch and jump everytime a loose hair touches my arm. I do get quite squirmy around bugs, but I'm trying to be a Gardening Queen and suck it up and identify this bug.

Anyone know what it is?

And what I do about it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a variety of stinkbug. Looks like a spined soldier bug.If that's what it is, then it's good to have it in your garden.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin